The anti-male mainstream narrative is kept in place by some widely-held myths which portray men in a negative light. If the truth becomes widely known, the narrative cannot survive.
Although there is no evidence of a conspiracy in the sense of an international organisation which is controlling the flow of information, there is a high level of collusion which maintains the myths.
Gender Pay Gap,
- The law encourages shared parenting;
- Family courts are gender fair;
- Fatherlessness is not an important problem.
- Duluth Model (assumes male perpetrator and ‘power and control’ motivation)
- Females are the ‘overwhelming majority’ of victims of DA.;
- Most perpetrators are men
- Domestic abuse doesn’t happen to men
- ‘Two women a week die…’;
- Female DA is only retaliating to male violence;
- Children suffer abuse primarily from father.
- VAWG – violence against women and girls
- Women need rehabilitation, men need prison;
Myths about men
- Men don’t have feelings.
- men are less emotional than women.
- men are less sensitive than women
- men are uncaring.
- men only want sex.
- men are motivated by power for the sake of power.(see Duluth)
- men talk over women.