The anti-male mainstream narrative is kept in place by some widely-held myths which portray men in a negative light. If the truth becomes widely known, the narrative cannot survive.
Although there is no evidence of a conspiracy (in the sense of an international organisation which is controlling the flow of information), there is a high level of collusion in society which maintains the myths.
Feminists want equality
- Feminists want equal rights for men and women
Gender Pay Gap
- Women are paid less than men for the same job
Patriarchy/ male privilege
- Society is organised by men for the benefit of men
- Women are oppressed by the patriarchy
Toxic masculinity; (Myths about men)
- Men are misogynists
- All men are Rapists
- Men don’t have feelings, don’t cry
- Men are less emotional and less sensitive than women.
- Men are uncaring.
- Men are less affected by DA than women
- Men only want sex; Men only want one thing..
- Men are motivated by power for the sake of power.
- Men talk over women.
- Boys are aggressive/violent (girls poor behaviour not mentioned.)
Gender is a social construct;
- We can choose our gender
- Trans women are women
- Gender dysphoria is common
- The law encourages shared parenting;
- Family courts are gender fair;
- Fatherlessness is not an important problem.
- ‘Contact at all costs’ is often implemented even when the child is at risk.
- Females are the ‘overwhelming majority’ of victims of DA.; VAWG – violence against women and girls
- Duluth Model (assumes male perpetrator and ‘power and control’ motivation)
- Most perpetrators are men
- Domestic abuse doesn’t happen to men
- ‘Two women a week die…’
- Female DA is only retaliating to male violence
- Children suffer abuse primarily from father
- Women need rehabilitation, men need prison;
- Women are more likely to be sent to prison
- Prison separates mothers from their children
- Most women are in prison for petty offences.
- Woman’s ‘right to choose’
- My Body, My Choice
- Suffragettes were responsible for votes for women.
- Campaigners needed to be militant as men opposed votes for women