A watchdog for gender-balanced legislation.
Monitoring and advising parliament to promote gender-neutrality.
We work towards ensuring that laws and other directives or advice from the UK government maintain a gender-neutral balance both in content and implementation.
- Monitor the forthcoming legislation etc from parliament
- Identify areas of interest and concern
- Use the existing consultation process to give input reflecting our aims
- Give direct input to policy-makers including select committees etc
- Identify supportive (or potentially supportive) parliamentarians, (even if only on single issues or aspects)
- Create briefings for parliamentarians on the issue being debated
- Draft, promote and assist amendments and legislation promoting gender-neutrality
- Communicate with the media
Mike Bell. Mike taught science in a UK secondary comprehensive school. From an interest in reliable evidence he ran training courses in evidence-based teaching and has recently published a teachers guide to the evidence.
Christopher Badley. Chris started his working life in the Royal Air Force , but has worked in the Third Sector for the past 30 years. He currently leads the overseas department of charity working in over thirty countries around the world.
Directly from supportive groups and individuals.
- From groups: groups already working on these issues, but who have insufficient resources to also cover this work, may be prepared to donate regularly.
- Individuals: While supporters will endorse the aims of Equi-law, many do not have the time or skills to act. However, some individuals may be prepared to support this project financially..
- From grants and other sources