A watchdog for gender-balanced legislation.
Monitoring and advising parliament to promote gender-neutrality.
We work towards ensuring that laws and other directives or advice from the UK government maintain a gender-neutral balance both in content and implementation.
- Monitor the forthcoming legislation etc from parliament
- Identify areas of interest and concern
- Use the existing consultation process to give input reflecting our aims
- Give direct input to policy-makers including select committees etc
- Identify supportive (or potentially supportive) parliamentarians, (even if only on single issues or aspects)
- Create briefings for parliamentarians on the issue being debated
- Draft, promote and assist amendments and legislation promoting gender-neutrality
- Communicate with the media
Volunteers. This project has been started, and is initially run by volunteers.
If you support the aims and have some skills or time, please contact us. using the form.
Longer-term. To be effective, we will be fundraising for paid staff to administer the communications with parliamentarians, interested groups etc. We have already received our first donation.
Directly from supportive groups and individuals.
- From groups: groups already working on these issues, but who have insufficient resources to also cover this work, may be prepared to donate regularly.
- Individuals: While supporters will endorse the aims of Equi-law, many do not have the time or skills to act. However, some individuals may be prepared to support this project financially..
- From grants and other sources